Tuesday, May 26, 2009

The Shred

So, I have less than 6 weeks until the wedding, and haven't lost any of the 15 pounds I planned to lose a year ago. Woops! I should have known I would put it off until last minute!

On Sunday, I started on The 30 Day Shred DVD. It is REALLY hard! Seriously! I'm sore...but not sore enough to skip a day, I've done all three days so far. And with only 38 days left before the wedding, I'm definitely motivated to do the video every day, no skipping, and I may just do extra when the 30 days is up. Typical results are to lose 5-10 pounds, and I'm planning to do extra cardio at the gym every other day, which will hopefully put me closer to losing about 10 pounds. But, I'm realistic, I know that even if I don't drop that many pounds, at least I will be much more toned!

I also got another DVD called No More Trouble Zones for specific areas like arms and belly, but I'm not going to start on that until my initial Shred soreness goes away. Ideally, by next week I'll have a nice schedule of Shred DVD everyday, with gym cardio and Zone DVD alternating days. And I'll get back into Beginning Yoga class on Mondays, and if I start feeling buff, maybe the harder Thursday Yoga class also.

I also gave up soda. I give up soda every few months, but I always end up giving myself "exceptions" like if I'm at a restaraunt that happens to serve Pepsi products, I would order one, or if I had to stay after school with a student, I would get one from the vending machine, or if I had to drive to Union or St. Louis, I would get one to drink in the car. But, now NO EXCEPTIONS! Absolutely NO SODA! So, I'm drinking a lot of tea, but unsweetened. I need to get more water in, all the caffeine is really messing up my sleep schedule, which you can see with the time I am posting this.

Well, to keep track of my progress, I weighed and measured myself on Sunday, and I'm going to TRY to not weigh myself until 30 days into the program. I have the scale right next to my shower, so I usually check it EVERY morning before stepping in the shower, but I need to go tuck the scale away in the laundry room so I'm not tempted to check. (OK, just did it, it's now under the drying rack, so I would have to make an effort to pull it out to step on it)

Here are the "before" stats: (I also took a swimsuit before photo but am NOT sharing that online!)
arm: 12 in
thigh: 22 in
bust: 35 in
waist: 30 in
tummy (the pooch): 37
hips: 36
weight: 150.5 lbs

I've always considered my thighs un-proportionally large compared to the rest of my body, so I'm used to them by now. I assume that building muscle will only make them bigger, so my thighs are really not a priority.

What I am really ashamed about is that my tummy pooch is larger than my hips! Seriously! The tummy is what I want to lose the most, and hopefully should be the easiest to lose.

Alright, if you read this whole thing, you now have to keep me accountable. Ask me if I'm doing the shred everyday, keep me in check! You have my permission to get mean if I start to slip.

By the way: 38 days until the wedding and 26 days until I see Jake & my sister & brother-in-law (they all get to Missouri on the same day!)

1 comment:

Ang says:! said...

Hey there, I stumbled upon your blog when Google searching the DB dress F13408, because that's the dress my bridesmaids are wearing. I'm getting married on July 5th...

Girl, I have that 30-day shred video. I'm like at the EXACT SAME weight and measurements as you and I can say that video really works with extra cardio supplements!

Congratulations and good luck!!