Saturday, December 27, 2008

Instructions for Save the Date Calendar Stickers

I got the blue linen paper for the save the date backing, so I finished those up today! Here are the instructions:

I designed the sticker in PowerPoint, then printed samples of multiple sizes to find one that fit perfectly in my hole punch. Then I copied that perfectly sized design and was able to fit 30 per page.

I printed those and used the hole punch to cut them out. I would have hated to have cut out 300 circles, so I HIGHLY recommend getting a large hole punch. I found a cute Martha Stewart one with scalloped edges.I then put all 300 stickers through the sticker maker. Mine is a XYRON250 and I was able to fit two circles across.

Then I cut the stickers into strips of 3.

I also designed the save-the-date cards in powerpoint and printed 4 per page. Each card ended up being 3 3/4" x 5"

Then I glued the sticker strips to the cards. Because the strips were slick, double sided tape didn't work, it peeled right off. I ended up using spray adhesive.

Then I cut blue linen cardstock into 4 1/4" x 5 1/2" for the backing, 4 per page, and used glue dots to attach.

My camera is low quality, and believe me, they look much nicer in person!

The countdown says 188 days! If I remember correctly, when I started this blog I had 287. My word, 99 days REALLY flew by!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

thanks for posting your pictures! i saw these on martha stewart's website, but wanted to see if any real people" had pulled it off. totally gave me the confidence to make my own :)

http://www.mywedding.com/amandajeremy/blog_post_28878.html

cris said...

Hi Maggie! Cool hole puncher! Thanks for dropping by my blog. Enjoy your wedding preparations! :)

Anonymous said...

thank you SO much for posting this. Awesome! I will run mine through my Xyron machine. Luckily I dont have many that I have to make (less than 100) =D