Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Baby, it's STILL cold outside!

Another ice day = another constructive wedding planning day!

I've been working on the pocketfolds for my invitations since the paper was delivered. I do just a few at a time so I won't get sick of doing all of them at once! I've been meaning to take pictures of the process to post the instructions, so I'm finally doing that today:

Before I get started, I need to let you all know I did not come up with the pocketfold idea on my own. I'm using the measurements from this blog: Heather's Road to the Aisle.

Supplies:

- paper (I ordered mine from limitedpapers.com. The brand is Beckett Cambric Linen and the color is Blazer Blue. When I ordered, I asked for it to be custom cut to 16 1/8"x 7")
- paper cutter (with an interchangeable paper scorer)
- template for the inner and outer flap ( I made my own)
- bone folder (to get nice crisp folds)
- good scissors
- very skinny double sided tape
Instructions:
First, score a straight line at 3"
next, score a straight line at 5 1/8"
next, score a straight line at 5"
use the bone folder on each of the scored lines to create a very crisp fold
line up and trace the inner flap template
line up and trace the outer flap template
cut out each flap after traced
Here is the entire thing, scored and folded and cut, ready to be taped up
This is what I found to be the hardest and most time consuming part: getting the tape just the right length and in the correct position. This took a lot of trial and error!peel off the tape cover on both sides and fold the flap up
I flattened the tape with the bone folder. Here is the completed pocket, ready to be stuffed:
All folded up:



Of course, it looks quite plan right now, but I will be adding the actual invitation, and inserts in the pocket, as well as some kind of embellishment on the outside. I'm thinking possibly a sunflower or monogram, or a combo of the two!

1 comment:

Jesse R said...

I love this! I am trying to come up with an idea for my own invitations. Do you have any pictures of what the invitation looked like when all the inserts were inside of the pocketfold?