Thursday, June 11, 2009

Don't rest your head on this pillow!

Mom and I made the ring bearer pillow today. As she says, we make a good team. I come up with the ideas, and she makes them.

Here was my original inspiration, taken from Martha Stewart Weddings Magazine. Just a plain pillow with a handkerchief wrapped around so that all 4 corners meet in the middle of the top.
We started out with a lace hanky and some navy blue silk fabric (yes it has a weird "sea creature" print, but once the lace covers it, it looks fine)
Mama doing her thing. I'll admit, all I did was iron the hanky.And the final product. I love the contrast of the navy and white!

2 comments:

Waste Not Farm said...

Oh my goodness, Maggie. Now all the world can see my messy sewing room. Please don't anyone call "Clean House". It will be better when we move into the new house. I promise.

Amanda said...

It is so cute!! I love the pic for your FI's dad and you sign too. Its getting close!!