Tuesday, May 5, 2009

They are finally done!!!!

My invites are done! I owe ALOT to my fantastic bridesmaids!

Because I live so far away from the printer and would not have been able to even pick up the invites until this weekend, my sister-in-law, Hilary, and her mom, Denise, picked up the invites and inserts from the printer last week and put them all together for me! They cut all of the yellow backing to size, then taped the invites to the yellow backing and taped that yellow backing to the pocketfold, and they also put all the inserts in the pocket! All 102 of them! They are lifesavers!

After I picked up the invites from them, another of my bridesmaids, Shannon, came over to help me with the wax seals. She did the wax dripping (and suffered many burns, what a great friend!) and I did the stamping. I'll admit, none of them looked perfect, but Shannon likes to remind me that gives them character!

Just a quick review, this link shows how I made the pocketfolds.

Here is the pocketfold filled with the invite and inserts. I will post my design of each of the parts of the invite once I make them "internet safe"

And a finished invite, including the wax seal.

And a close up of the wax seal, so you can see the J & M. I bought this wax stamper when we were in Rome last summer, at a little paper store that was literally RIGHT behind the Pantheon. I've always seen the fancy script initial, but I loved that this one had both of our initials, and wasn't in script.

Thank goodness they are done! I have them all in envelopes and all envelopes addressed with stamps. I just need to seal them and drop them off this Friday!

So exciting!

No comments: