Sunday, October 12, 2008

Let's talk about veils...

I'm really torn about what to do about a veil. With the shape/style of my dress, I really think a birdcage veil would look great! Here are some examples of what I like:




Kind of quirky, but I think it fits my personality!

For some reason, Jake doesn't really like the look of the birdcage veil. Bummer!
I sent him an email with a few different types of veils, (including the birdcage) and he chose this one...



Isn't this style so...overdone?

So, should I go with the birdcage, or stick with something a little more toned down for Jake?

By the way...265 days.

5 comments:

Kate said...

Maybe you could do both? Go for the long one for the ceremony, and then switch to a birdcage veil for the reception?

Kristi (zankris) said...

that's a hard question, the other one is a little over done at times but you don't want him to not like the veil. I personally don't like bird cages either but I think some girls can really pull it off. Go with what will make you feel beautiful, that's what matters :)

Bekkah said...

Why don't you do a shoulder length veil? It would be sort of a compromise between the two. It would be about the length of a traditional blusher but it is worn like a traditional veil. I think it would look really ince with your dress.

Maureen said...

I'm not a huge fan of the birdcage veils either, although I know they're really popular now. Try to find something that is a compromise between the two. Like a shoulder length or single layer veil.

ameriasian said...

YAY for being color twins!

I don't really like birdcage veils, but if that's what you like go for it!