Friday, April 17, 2009

Stampin' Up

I took my mock-up invitation in an envelope to the post office to check how much the postage would cost.

I few months ago I bought a book of the really pretty 42 cent sunflower stamps. I was really hoping it would still be light enough to still use those 42 cent stamps. How perfect would those be? I even planned to mail my invites right before the postage prices go up on May 11.

Sadly, the weight of the full invite was too heavy and required an extra 17 cents. The 17 cent stamps were HIDEOUS! Seriously....a big horn sheep! I did NOT want an ugly sheep next to my pretty sunflowers!

Luckily, they ordered the special 59 cent "wedding" stamps. I don't like them as much as I would have liked the sunflowers, but at least these are pretty!
77 days until the wedding and only 5 more weeks of school!

2 comments:

Wedding Postage said...

Good job on bringing the invitation to the post office for weighing ahead of time...so many people skip that important step!

Also, good planning on mailing them just in time before the rate increase...one suggestion though, make sure you have stamps with the new postage rate on the response cards if people will be mailing those back after the rate change takes effect.

Best wishes on the wedding from the wedding postage designers.

Amanda said...

At least you only need one stamp!