Sunday, September 21, 2008

The Basics of My Wedding

You've met me and you've met the wedding party. Now I'll cover some of the basics I have planned for my wedding.

The Ceremony:
We are planning to get married at 2:00 in the afternoon on July 4th, 2009 in Missouri. I have booked the church that I grew up at. My family have been members there since 1989! The sanctuary was dedone a few years ago, and now instead of long pews, has separate chairs that connect together. I love this because the chairs are currently situated with 2 aisles, but I will be able to move them to form 1 center aisle. I have asked the head minister to officiate the ceremony. I have known him since I was in 5th grade, so I feel like it will be great to be married by someone that knows me personally. I'm planning to have the youth minister (who was the youth minister while I was in Junior High through High School) to say an opening prayer.

The Church Reception:
Immediately after the ceremony, we plan to have a cake and punch reception in the fellowship hall in the church. This will give our guests a chance to visit with us immediately and not have to wait for us to get done with pictures.

We will then have a break for a few hours. During this time, the bridal party and family will have all of the professional photos taken, and the guests will be able to either go home or back to the hotel to rest and change out of their formal clothes.

The Dinner Reception:
Later in the evening, possible 7:00 or 8:00 we will have an outdoor reception. This will take place in a tent on my parent's farm. Guests will be encouraged to wear casual attire. At this reception, I am most excited about having a fireworks display after sundown!

No comments: